Apple® USB Optical SuperDrive for Mac Systems
Compact and convenient, the Apple USB SuperDrive connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac mini with a single USB cable and fits easily into a travel bag. It lets you install software and play and burn both CDs and DVDs, including double-layer DVDs.
You will receive
Everything You Need in an Optical Drive
- Apple® USB Optical SuperDrive for Mac Systems with
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Insert
Whether you're at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It's perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
The Essence of Simplicity
You'll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac mini with a single USB cable that's built into the SuperDrive. There's no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
Take it Anywhere
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you're working.
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVDA±R DL/DVDA±RW/CD-RW)
- DVD+R DL Write Speed: Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 6x speed DVD+R Write Speed: Writes DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- DVD-R Write Speed: Writes DVD-R discs at up to 8x speed
- DVD+RW Write Speed: Writes DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- DVD-RW Write Speed: Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed
- DVD Read Speed: Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- CD-R Write Speed: Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- CD-RW Write Speed: Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- CD Read Speed: Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
Product Requirements: Compatible with the following computers: MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, iMac (late 2012), MacBook (late 2009) and later.
Dimensions: 0.67"H x 5.47"W x 5.47"D
Weight: 0.75 lbs
Made in China
Warranty: One year limited warranty provided by Apple
Warranty Support: 1-800-275-2273
Please note: The attached USB cable cannot be removed. There is no eject button on the superdrive. Please follow the instructions on page two of the included Quick Start Guide labeled "USB SuperDrive".