Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System & Desktop Scanner?
What is Intelligent Text Recognition?
- The NeatDesk® Digital Filing System and Desktop Scanner is a high-speed, duplex desktop scanner and Digital Filing System. Scan receipts, business cards and documents in one batch while the software identifies, extracts and organizes key information.
What formats can the digital files be saved as?
- Intelligent Text Recognition technology reads and understands key information, then automatically organizing what it sees. The resulting digital files are useful and usable – easy to find, easy to access, and easy to share.
What programs can utilize the digital files?
- The digital files can be saved as JPEG, PDF, and other popular formats.
How fast is the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System and Desktop Scanner?
- The digital files can be utilized by a variety of software including Excel, Quicken, TurboTax, QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook or Address Book and more.
How many pages can I load into the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System and Desktop Scanner?
- NeatDesk will scan in your receipts, business cards, or documents at up to 24 pages per minute.
What is the largest paper size the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System and Desktop Scanner can accommodate?
- Neatdesk allows you to scan up to 50 pages of standard 8.5” x 11” paper at once or up to 15 business cards or 15 receipts or 15 letter-size documents at once.
What is the maximum resolution?Can the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System & Desktop Scanner accommodate color text/images?
- The largest paper size the Neatdesk can accomodate without sacrificing the resolution is 8.5” x 11". The system can accommodate up to an 8.5” x 30” paper size, but the resolution is captured at 300 dots per inch.
Can the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System & Desktop Scanner accommodate two-sided documents?
- Yes – It can scan in color, grey scale, or black and white
What are the dimensions?
- Yes – It can scan in simplex (1-sided) or duplex (2-sided).
What is the weight?
- The dimensions are 10.8”W x 7.5”D x 7.3”H making it ideal for an office of home.
What is Neatcloud?
- The lightweight design is 4.4 lbs.
How does the 30-Day NeatCloud Free Trial work?
- NeatDesk comes with a free 30-day trial of NeatCloud, which allows you to sync and back up your Neat files, and access them anywhere with your browser or mobile device for iOS devices and Android phones
What is NeatVerify?
- Simply cancel anytime within the first 30 days and you won’t be charged. If you love it, then by all means keep it! You’ll be charged $14.99 / month, if you choose to stay on the Home & Office plan. Your free trial of NeatCloud also includes a bonus of 30 verifications with NeatVerify, our highly accurate data-verification service.
Who created and manufacturers the NeatDesk® Digital Filing System & Desktop Scanner?
- Sometimes mobile images are blurry, or the lighting isn’t right. This can make it difficult for your information to be accurately read and extracted in the cloud. That’s where NeatVerify comes in. When you send a mobile scan through NeatVerify, your image passes through a team of specialists at Neat who make sure that the key information is accurately read and extracted. The verification process only takes a few minutes and, once verified, your items will appear in your Neat inbox.
- The Neat Company (formerly NeatReceipts) was born from a single idea: that there’s a better way to deal with receipts for expense reports. Over time, the idea has grown and changed into something much more powerful: a way to transform and manage any kind of paper, with live data you can use. The Neat Company is creating a new way for businesses and consumers at home to capture, store, and use the information they need.